Out of Country Claims
As a Delta Dental subscriber, you can visit any licensed dentist anywhere in the world for your dental care. Even if you’re out of the country when you receive dental treatment, you have peace of mind when you have Delta Dental coverage.
In order to process an out-of-country claim for dental services including diagnostic and preventive, restorative, and major, please follow these instructions carefully:
- The patient section of the insurance form must include:
- Patient Name
- Subscriber ID or Social Security Number
- Patient date of birth
- Information on other coverage
- The dentist section of the insurance form must include:
- Dentist name
- Dentist address
- Dentist telephone number
- Dentist’s license number
- The insurance claim form or the itemized statement must include:
- Tooth number where applicable
- Description of the service
- Date of service
- Procedure code
- Each procedure must be listed and priced separately. We cannot evaluate benefits when services and fees are combined. (Please specify currency.)
You are responsible for payments to the dentist at the time of service. The reimbursement check will be sent to your address.
If you are planning an extended out-of-country stay and you require major services, we strongly urge you to request a pre-determination. Learn more about pre-determinations here.
Below is a list of procedure information that is required to process your claim. Please request this vital information from your dentist prior to treatment or before completion of your treatment:
- If the claim is for a crown, bridge or partial, your dentist needs to indicate if this is an initial placement.
- If it is not an initial placement, your dentist needs to provide the initial placement date and the reason for replacement. Please submit this information with the claim form.